Our Family Stories
Our Family Stories
On this page you will find our families' stories including those from our Mater Dei Matters Magazine.
Mater Dei Matters Magazine Articles
- Farewell Sister Jeanie - December 2018.pdf2.9 MBChrome HTML Document
- Jacobs Story - December 2018.pdf1.1 MBChrome HTML Document
- MDIEP New Program - December 2018.pdf1.5 MBChrome HTML Document
- End of an Era - September 2018.pdf1.5 MBChrome HTML Document
- Indigos Story - June 2018.pdf3 MBChrome HTML Document
- MDEIP Alert Group - April 2018.pdf2 MBChrome HTML Document
- MDEIP Toddler Gym Group - April 2018.pdf2 MBChrome HTML Document
- NDIS - The Long and Winding Road - June 2017.pdf1.2 MBChrome HTML Document
- MDEIP Makeover - Sept 2016.pdf1.4 MBChrome HTML Document
- Whats New In Early Learning Group - June 2016.pdf646 KBChrome HTML Document
- Cadens Story - April 2016.pdf1.7 MBChrome HTML Document
- Transition to School - Sept 2015.pdf532 KBChrome HTML Document
- EI Sensory Gym - June 2015.pdf665 KBChrome HTML Document
- Record Transition to School Applications - April 2015.pdf421 KBChrome HTML Document
- Coopers Story - Sept 2014.pdf176 KBChrome HTML Document
- Bucket Loads of Fun Learning - June 2014.pdf698 KBChrome HTML Document
- EI Seminars Increasing Awareness - June 2014.pdf585 KBChrome HTML Document
- Therapy with 4x4 Flexibility - April 2014.pdf300 KBChrome HTML Document
- Welcome Stacey - December 2013.pdf536 KBChrome HTML Document
- Early Intervention Sensory Gym - June 2013.pdf594 KBChrome HTML Document
- The Power of Group Therapy - April 2013.pdf1.7 MBChrome HTML Document
- Our Community Spirit - December 2012.pdf695 KBChrome HTML Document
- Parent Power - June 2012.pdf40 KBChrome HTML Document
- New Therapy Playgroup - September 2011.pdf118 KBChrome HTML Document
- Our Recent Graduates- June 2010.pdf217 KBChrome HTML Document
Our Other Stories
Early Learning Group visits ‘Big School’ - 11th September 2014
During Early Learning Group we went on a walk to the playground of Mater Dei School next door.
The children listened to “Wheels on the bus” big book first. We discussed Pedestrian safety rules during our lesson. Including Stop, Look, Listen and Think before crossing a road and always hold an adult’s hand. The children put these ideas into practice as we walked down to “Big School”.
Within the playground the children had an opportunity to meet a teacher and some students from the School. They climbed on the outdoor equipment negotiating turn taking and sharing the space. Some of the children shared their reaction to our spontaneous excursion.
Cooper said, “This is fun.” Ethan said, “If we listen, we get to go to big School again.” Logan said, “I like the big School.”
The Early Years Learning Framework Outcomes achieved;
Outcome 1.1: Children feel safe, secure and supported.
Outcome 2.1: Children develop a sense of belonging to groups and communities and an understanding of the reciprocal rights and responsibilities necessary for active community participation.
Outcome 4.3: Children transfer and adapt what they have learnt from one context to another.
Outcome 5.1: Children interact verbally and non-verbally for a range of purposes.